Jennifer is the daughter of Ibrahim Dossey, former goalkeeper of FC Braşov. She inherited her father’s big love for athletic performance and chose to focus her talent in athletics, where she has won 34 medals for two separate events (30 gold medals, 2 silver medals and 2 bronze medals). In 2016, Jennifer succeeded, for the fourth time in a row, to set a new record in the long-jump event, as she jumped 5 meters and 56 centimeters. In Romania, this event record was registered by Anişoara Cuşmir, the girl’s coach, world champion and Olympic gold winner at Los Angeles in 1984, who jumped 7 meters and 43 centimeters, 30 years ago. Jennifer has also already had notable performances in the 50 meters track event.
The Ciprian Marica Foundation scholarship covers all expenses concerning her professional development in sports.
News about Jennifer Ștefania Dossey:
- Jennifer Dossey is unstoppable! 34 medals in only five years of track and field!
- Jennifer Dossey – track and field – another championship title and the fourth consecutive record at the long jump event
- Jennifer Dossey becomes national champion and holds a new record
- Jennifer Dossey hits a new record, the second one in four months
- Gold medal in the long-jump event for Jennifer Dossey